Body After Baby – Week 7 or Blaaaargh

1 Body After Baby mama + 2 holidays / 1 week x giving in to treats = 1 blah mama

It all started with Canada Day. Just days before I had commented to friends and family that since I had been eating such a healthy diet my cravings for junk, and even my taste for unhealthy food had changed enormously. But then I found myself indulging in all kinds of foods on Canada Day. It made me feel tired, and blah. So did I get back on the healthy eating bandwagon? No. I continued to eat blah foods and feel blah for some mysterious reason.

So….I’m considering doing a sugar free challenge (one week, one month?). I’ve been looking at the 30 Sugar Free Days website. But I don’t trust an eating plan that entirely cuts out the bottom of the food pyramid. So I’m still figuring out what I want to do and for how long.

But how’s my training going? Eh. Not bad. I’m one day behind (which isn’t a big deal at all) in the 5K training. But I haven’t been doing any weight training. The running workouts are soooo much longer than the 30 Day Shred workouts were that I haven’t really felt like there’s time for long strength training sessions in addition to that. So I’m considering doing this 10 minute routine a few times a week. I think I can handle 10 minutes at a time.

I guess I’m in fitness limbo right now. I really need to get back into my groove as far as eating goes because the junk has me feeling sluggish and befuddled which makes getting out of fitness limbo that much harder.

So, what have we learned?

DON’T EAT JUNK FOOD.

Visit the Body After Baby Challenge. And tell me how you feel when you eat poorly in the comments.

siggy

23 Responses to Body After Baby – Week 7 or Blaaaargh

• TopHat says:

One thing I’ve started doing is checking out a fitness video from the library. Since it’s due back in 3 weeks, my routine changes every 3 weeks- I’m sure variety is good for me. Also, since I don’t have a stroller, I can’t really go jogging and the videos mean I can do it during her nap time.

• grudgemom says:

Holly, what do you think of a sugar-free challenge/duel with me? Start small, though. You’re right that sugar is the base of the food pyramid. If you go sugar-free tomorrow, I’ll go sugar-free tomorrow too. Take it one day at a time (for now)!

• Grudgemom: Actually, I was talking about how that particular website says to eat zero grains (the base of the pyramid). A challenge/dual sounds interesting, but I might need a little more notice to clear out my pantry. E-mail me if you’re still interested in doing it!

• Stacy Ann says:

Good going with the work-outs, Holly!! Yeah, holidays are good at sabotaging healthy eating, but sounds like you’re right back on track!

• Joy says:

Thanks for stopping by, congrats on starting your 5k training. For the rest, finnegan begin again!!

• Emma says:

I know that blah feeling very well, hope you get back to your fitness and diet routine soon!

By the way, I’m sure that sugar free challenge won’t work for me as I hate any kind of restrictions but there are people who’re good at such things…

• Nina says:

Sounds like you are actually doing really well despite a holiday glitch. I somehow managed to put on 2 kg in two days ?!? So, your note about exercise is a good reminder to me.

• Wow, Holly! I haven’t been here in awhile, but I have to say, the place looks great! I’ve always loved your dust bunny, so I’m glad to see him more “up front”. Although, why is Lucy now pink? It was so much better when she was purple, but then, isn’t everything? Haha!

I LOVED your comment on my last post! Now I just really wish I could meet you in person! My husband is so tired of purple, he asked if I could please move it into our bedroom and make the living room a different color, but I think the answer is “no” ;-)

Sorry I haven’t been over lately. I’ve been on dial up since we moved, so it’s hardly worth trying to read blogs. I just hope this comment posts. Lol!

• Crystal HW says:

It can be hard to get back on the badnwagon when you are in the process of changing your workout routines and such. Best of luck figuring it all out.

• Courtney says:

I feel very happy after eating one Oreo. I feel awful after more… So if I NEED one- I just eat one. I’ve been subbing strawberries for Oreos lately though- that is going well. LOVE summer for fruit!

• Harmony says:

Hey Holly, don’t worry this week is a whole new week with healthy eat at the forefront of my agenda too. I ate three slices of key lime pie in one day this weekend and it made me feel sick for three days, I still feel sluggish.

Great idea about the 10 minute fiteness I think I will join you in that.

• Rachel says:

Thanks for stopping by my doggie blog! I wish you the best of luck with diet and 5K. I ran my first one last year and loved it!

• Heather says:

Hello! I’m new to the BAB challenge… but I LOVE your equation at the top of your post! Too true! I feel horrible and really guilty after eating junk food. I really need to cut it out!

• beth says:

Hi..I joined the labor day challenge and we are on the Yellow Team together…nice to ‘meet’ you..you have a really nice blog…

LIKE Me Tweet! Tweet! I pin AWESOME shit! Does anybody even use Google+? Mostly videos of my kids Subscribe via FeedBurner
About the Domestic Dork

Never miss a post or giveaway again!

Join 50 other subscribers

Sponsors
The Best Damn Planner Ever
Search & Win affiliate_link
Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
NO BULLY ZONE

Copyright © 2012 Domestic Dork. All Rights Reserved.